Senior Data Architect
First Point Group are recruiting on behalf of a client, a Global Business Services company. The are recruiting for Senior Data Architect.
- Maintain and expand the extensive databases of telecoms products and underlying call/data pricing tariffs and techniques within the company’s bespoke MS-SQL billing platform and through our third-party billing platform, Aurora Affinity.
- Contribute to a wide range of exciting business data projects, including the careful migration of acquired telecoms businesses into the company and working with our in-house software development team on improving and growing our market-leading suite of customer-facing web applications and smartphone apps.
- Ensure new customer products, tariffs and propositions are accurately created within the company databases using SQL; integrating new supplier data sources, where required.
- Work with internal teams to ensure that all invoices and itemised bills are successfully created and distributed to customers.
- Maintain and develop a suite of ‘self-bill’ wholesale telecoms pricing data and processes in MS-SQL and MS Excel, ensuring any commercial changes from suppliers are captured and reflected in the data.
- Ability to produce accurate monthly wholesale invoices for some of the company’s major suppliers.
- Identify areas suitable for data automation and implement appropriate solutions to continuously improve business performance, with a core focus on data security and accuracy.
- Develop and maintain SQL stored procedures, functions and views to improve system functionality.
- Oversee the careful execution of bulk data updates and changes, securely extracting bespoke reports for business teams, where required.
Technical Capabilities and Qualifications:
- Excellent organisational and numerate skills are a key requirement, as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks and manage competing priorities effectively.
- Telecommunications industry products, services, standard practices and terminology.
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) – querying and extracting data, using stored procedures and functions, designing databases, etc.
- Microsoft Excel to an advanced level, using complex formula and manipulating large data sets.
- Aurora Affinity billing platform.
- Salesforce CRM.
- Microsoft Office macros and VBA, creating and editing macros in VBE.