FPG are recruiting for Riggers to join an international telecommunications company to support their field services for their customers (leading operators in Belgium). This is a short term contract to help support summer events in Belgium. Ideal candidates will have telecom experience within 2G, 3G, LTE, 5G and experience of working at heights.
– Perform the installation and rigging works during the build-up of a radio site at an event location, based on instructions from the team leader on site.
– Install the cable installations, install and position the antennas, install the connectivity of the equipment and perform the testing.
– Troubleshoot on the connectivity and connectors and correct them in case of needed
– Preparing rigging equipment including pulleys, clamps, and bolts, inspect the rigging equipment to ensure it is safe and undamaged.
– To performing crane lifting operations after inspection of the safety requirements
– To help to dismantle the site in a safe manner once the event has ended and place the equipment ready for transportation to the next even location, make sure the equipment cannot be damaged and make sure the site is clean.
Candidates will be required to climb towers and masts.
– 3+ years working as RAN site installer and rigger.
– Handy person capable of fixing civil corrective and installation works on site and is used to work with feeder cables, jumpers, fiber cables, antennas, power cabinets and RAN cabinets, alarm cabling, etc.
– Has basic knowledge to work on power installations of 230V/380V AC and -48V DC.
– You shall have a good understanding of Health and Safety at Work and First Aid; sufficient understanding of regulations, policies and procedures, specifically access procedure for radio sites
– Be adequate to speak in English. Understanding of Dutch or French orally is an asset
– Solution oriented, team player and user- friendly communicator
– GOF4 certified is a must to allow climbing in towers and masts.
– Driving license cat B and has own transportation to drive to any event location within Belgium territory
– You shall possess own craftsman toolbox to solve issues at the spot, which include the drilling machine, etc, to be able to repair locks.
– You shall posses a full set of climbing gear which is periodically checked and recently approved by a certified body. This will be checked when starting the assignment.
– You shall have own mobile phone (Android based) and own voice and data subscription. Mobile phone shall be capable to take clear pictures to be used for uploading in the databases.
– The person shall be 100% dedicated to this assignment, meaning he shall not have other occupations that are making him not available when needed.
– No PC is required for this job, only Android Apps.
– Location: The candidate is supposed to work in the field in Belgium and travel to different event locations in Belgium. Central office is located in Zaventem
– Working Time: 40 hours per week, but candidate shall be flexible to work extra hours and during the weekends as per the schedule.