RF Engineer Team Lead
RF Engineer Team Lead
Our client a tech multinational based in Taiwan has asked us to find RF Engineer Team Lead and RF Engineers for a major new 5G project in Taiwan.
Long term, well-paid contracts are available in multiple locations.
RF Engineering Team Lead
Role: RF Engineering Team Lead
Technical lead and mentor of small teams within a specific task or project. Ensures process alignment and team mentoring. Provide support in defining processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks. Provide technical training on multi-vendor, multi-technology and multi-band networks. Responsible for the analysis, design, implementation and enhancement of wireless telecommunications networks.
- Technical Leadership – Provide technical leadership to RF engineers through coaching and mentoring for the E2E project lifecycle with the objective of achieving project goals that meet the required quality. Acts as a mentor to teach, nurture and monitor the progress and development of RF engineers and their work.
- Task Management – Provides input to the RF Engineering Manager for estimates, resource needs, milestones and risks. Receives tasks and assignments from the RF Engineering Manager – defines work breakdown structure, plans and leads the execution of tasks by assigning RF engineers to the tasks, ensures effective delegation, task monitoring, risk identification, mitigation and escalations. Communicates the RF team budget, milestones and deliverables to project management and implement plans to accomplish the milestones within budget, as required.
- Engineering – Works hands-on – both technically and functionally – in terms of carrying out optimization techniques (proper antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance, neighbour list analysis, etc.) for the optimal site/cluster performance. Understands equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and performs the inter-modulation analysis. Performs site candidate evaluation and selection
- Analysis & Design – Analyzes and provides input and verification of RF-related site engineering drawings
- Communications – Builds relationships with internal customers/stakeholders and represents the team in internal and external forums.
RF Engineer Team Lead Critical Experiences
- Significant proficiency/In-depth knowledge in the domain ( technology and products)
- Previous experience in leading technical tasks or technical mentoring of engineers.
- Experience in RF wireless design engineering for a telecommunications system
- Must have experience in mobile radio propagation aspects through working with one of the following technologies – GSM/GPRS, CDMA/1xRTT, UMTS, EVDO or HSPA or LTE.
- Must have working experience with one of the following equipment – Ericsson, Nortel, Nokia, Siemens, Motorola, Alcatel Lucent or Huawei
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and three years of relevant experience; or
- B.SC.CS, MIS, Engineering or equivalent and seven years relevant experience.