Role: RF Engineer
Perform network design/optimization activities under technical supervision. Responsibilities include link budget analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity, and drive test data analysis and recommendations.
- Performs RF network design, planning and optimization activities.
- Performs link budget analysis, designs criteria and performs traffic analysis
- Ensures data integrity of various morphology/topography databases and drive test data for model calibration.
- Carries out area and site surveys to determine RF equipment location and antenna orientation.
- Provides network optimization analysis and recommendations using a combination of drive data and network statistics.
- Carries outdrive testing activities to collect network data
- Performs post-processing analysis of the drive data
- Performs site candidate evaluations
- Performs site build verifications and acceptance
- Experience in RF wireless design engineering for a telecommunications system – desired
- Experience in mobile radio propagation aspects through work on at least one of the following technologies: GSM/GPRS, CDMA/1xRTT, UMTS, EVDO or HSPA or LTE – desired
- Experience working on drive test tools – desired
- Experience working with one of the following equipment manufacturers: Ericsson, Nortel, Nokia, Siemens, Motorola, Alcatel Lucent or Huawei – desired
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent ; or
- B.Sc. in CS, MIS, Engineering or equivalent