Planning Engineer – Access Network
First Point Group is currently looking for Planning Engineer – Access Network candidates with experience in the following in the USA.
Job Role: Planning Engineer – Access Network
Location: Huntsville, AL or Remote anywhere in the USA
Duration: 6+ Months
Potential Start Date: February 2020
- This role requires multiple years of experience performing Access Network Planning and Engineering within Centurylink?s network.
- The types of network services that must be planned/engineered include xDSL and fibre to the node (FTTN) from the central office (CO) to the remote terminal (RT) and the service area interface (SAI).
- Work tasks include researching Centurylink’s records associated with existing access network elements (DSLAMs, fibre aggregators, optical line terminals (OLT), optical splitters, etc.) and network connectivity (copper and fibre cables) and developing a detailed plan to augment/grow the network to accommodate growth of subscribers and growth of bandwidth demands.
- The plan must fit within Centurylink?s budget guidelines.
- This work applies in Centurylink markets that are legacy Qwest (LQ), legacy Centurytel (LC), and Legacy Embarq (LEQ).
- Requires familiarity and proficiency with Centurylink systems such as: NDS, OSPFM, CIMAGE, EWO/Mapviewer, Forte, Martens, NBIE, CDBI, TIRKS, Fireworks, Bidmaster, etc.
Eligibility: Candidates with US Citizenship, Green Card, Valid EAD or TN Visa Candidates (With experience working on CL networks) will be considered, candidates not meeting with the mentioned requirements will not be considered at this time.