FTTX ISP/OSP Engineer
First Point Group is currently looking for FTTX ISP/OSP Engineer, candidates with experience with the following in the USA.
Job Role: FTTX ISP/OSP Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL or Remote anywhere in USA
Duration: 6+ Months
Potential Start Date: February 2020
- This role requires experience with Inside Plant (ISP) Engineering and Outside Plant (OSP) Engineering related to xDSL and fibre to the node (FTTN) access networks from the central office (CO) to the remote terminal (RT) and the service area interface (SAI).
- Work tasks include creating the detailed engineering package, developing the appropriate bill of materials/services, ordering the materials/services, initiating/tracking circuit requests, and initiating/tracking specific provisioning workflows through Centurylink systems based on a planning package developed by a Planning Engineer.
- Developing the engineering package will require researching Centurylink’s records associated with existing access network elements (DSLAMs, fibre aggregators, optical line terminals (OLT), optical splitters, etc.) and network connectivity (copper and fibre cables).
- The engineering package must provide detailed instructions about how to add capacity to the existing network elements to accommodate the growth of subscribers and growth of bandwidth demands.
- This work applies in Centurylink markets that are legacy Qwest (LQ), legacy Centurytel (LC), and Legacy Embarq (LEQ).
- Requires familiarity and proficiency with Centurylink systems such as: NDS, OSPFM, CIMAGE, EWO/Mapviewer, Forte, Martens, NBIE, CDBI, TIRKS, Fireworks, Bidmaster, etc.
Eligibility: Candidates with US Citizenship, Green Card, Valid EAD or TN Visa Candidates (With experience working on CL networks) will be considered, candidates not meeting with the mentioned requirements will not be considered at this time.